Aldershot companies in Dorset

The growth of the town of Aldershot was determined by the establishment of the Aldershot military camp and more than half of its 4176 acres are owned by the Ministry of Defence. In the early nineteenth century the village of Aldershot was described as "A parish three and a half miles north-east by north of Farnham, acres 4070, population 875". The War Department's first extensive purchases were in 1853 and in the next three years they constructed the military camp, which was virtually rebuilt in the 1960s. Whilst the military camp covers the area north of the town centre, light industry has developed to the east and suburban housing to the south. The parish church of St. Michael The Archangel dates from the twelfth century and has a seventeenth century tower. At the bottom of Rushmoor Hill lies Batt's Hogg Style, the site of a pre-Roman encampment.

Order By:

Abbafield Training CentreTraining company
Aldershot Visitor Information CentreTourist Information
Blank-MediaOther
ChaletstogoSelf Catering
Connect Storage Systems LtdStorage Systems
HealthyorganicsOrganic Products
La FontainePubs and Inns
Marine InternationalMarine Charter
Microvale LtdComputer Repair & Maintenance
PatinspectOther
Steve Sherriff Stained Glass- Leaded Light WindowsOther
The Asbestos Managment GroupAsbestos Surveys
The Radiator CompanyOther
The Shifters LtdOther
Upgrade Options LTDIT Hardware Reseller
Vacation Villa Rental SpainBed and Breakfast
Vicarage Boutique Hotel Hotels
Villas|Villa Holidays|Vacation Villa RentalsHotels
18 companies found